Annulment of Marriage
Section 12 of Hindu Marriage Act provides an order for nullity of marriage. Annulment is a legal method of declaring a marriage null and void. A marriage is said to be void if certain legal requirements are not met and if such a case happens, marriage is said to be never existed in the eyes of law.
Grounds for Annulment of Marriage:
- Either spouse was already married to someone else at the time of the marriage that is bigamy
- Either spouse was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the marriage
- If the consent to the marriage was obtained by fraud or force
- Either spouse was not mentally capable at the time of the marriage
- Either spouse was too young to be married, or too young without required court or parental consent.
IT ALL STARTS WITH CONSULTATION
Learn to take the right steps